There are many people who received tremendous promises in ministry, but until now has not received its fulfillment. Why is that? Number one obstacle when God wants to fulfill His promise is ambition. Ambition is a manifestation of carnality and humanity whereas the fulfillment of the promise requires divinity.
It is often difficult to distinguish between ambition and divine passion because both are similar but not the same. Here are the differences between love in ministry vs ambition (I Corinthians 13:1-7):
- An ambitious person will be frustrated when being faced with failure and then looking for a shortcut and justifying any means to succeed. Whereas a person who has a divine passion will still follow the path of God.
- An ambitious person has double standards in his life and ministry. A person who has divine passion only has one standard in life and ministry, namely: the truth.
- An ambitious person is willing to sacrifice anything and anyone in order to realize his ambition. A person who has divine passion always maintains balance in his life for the sake of realizing God’s will.
Explanation of I Corinthians 13:1-7
LOVE IN MINISTRY
- .Waiting for God’s time patiently.
- Helping others generously.
- Not jealous when others are promoted.
- Not arrogant when he is promoted.
- Remaining courteous even when his wish is not granted.
- Not self-seeking.
- Not keeping a record of wrongs.
- Rejoicing in the truths.
- Covering up the mistakes of others.
- Still believing even though people have been found guilty.
- Continuing hoping people will change.
- Waiting for the other people’s changes patiently.
AMBITION IN MINISTRY
- Not being able to wait for God’s time.
- Wanting helping others only if it benefits him.
- Being jealous when others are promoted.
- Becoming arrogant when he is promoted.
- Being angry when his wish is not granted.
- Taking advantage of other people for the sake of his interest.
- Having a like to keep other people’s mistakes.
- Rejoicing in his success.
- Exposing the mistakes of others.
- Once a person is guilty he cannot believe him anymore.
- Difficult to expect others to change.
- Not being able to wait for other people’s changes.
This is the difference between love in ministry vs ambition that we must realize. As we continue to unite ourselves with God’s will and plan, then love in ministry will be established and ambition will disappear.